Sunday, June 26, 2011

My Browsers War Experience

This serendipitous thing happened years before I started using Google products (2009). I attacked 
Windows customer service in a Wordpress comment and got a careless reply betting that I'm using Google services. The obvious implication was that I'm promoting Google. He lost. I wasn't using any Google service at that time. But thanks to him I got curious about Google and started using it! Talk about fanatics ruining their own idols ha ha. Back to the present. Windows improved so much that I'm using it again although I still find that its help system is still mostly useless.
Now I just discovered that Wordpress works much better on Internet Explorer than the latest Opera 11.11. The Opera browser, instead of improving, became more problematic to use. I wonder now if Browser Wars and politics are involved.
Browser Ranking / Windows NT 6.1
1. Safari/5 (893 test runs) 47.43 173.22 139.82 360.46
2. Chrome/6 (34 test runs) 59.02 105.26 102.77 267.05
3. Chrome/5 (28 test runs) 56.92 106.23 86.17 249.32
4. Firefox/5.0 (1763 test runs) 37.23 179.72 3.76 220.71
5. Firefox/4.0 (7819 test runs) 37.63 176.85 3.79 218.26
6. Firefox/6.0 (497 test runs) 46.93 156.76 3.62 207.31
7. Firefox/7.0 (197 test runs) 46.78 155.59 3.64 206.01
8. Chrome/8 (629 test runs) 70.8 125.87 3.55 200.23
9. Chrome/9 (900 test runs) 69.09 123.63 3.32 196.05
10. Firefox/3.6 (3445 test runs) 43.09 125.62 14.06 182.77
11. Firefox/3.5 (112 test runs) 49.74 112.34 10.16 172.25
12. Opera/9 (2652 test runs) 69.89 87.41 4.44 161.74
13. MSIE 10.0 (59 test runs) 51.29 104.46 5.02 160.77
  1. MSIE 9.0 (4807 test runs) 43.83 96.86 4.46 145.14
Having a hard time choosing the best browser like I do? Expect it to get harder. Here's why -


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that contain only links with no personal message will probably be considered spam